Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whirlwind

Between working full time, being a mother/wife full time, managing a disease full time and now training for a half marathon full time I feel like im living in a tornado!

We will be leaving for Florida this weekend and are beyond excited for a nice family trip. The bags are packed (well almost..), the airline tickets printed, and the laundry done. We are ready. I think. Wow. So much to remember when you bring two kids! Nolan will be turning "2" while we are in Florida. What a bittersweet moment for me. My "baby" is not a baby anymore. He is officially a toddler. We don't count his age by months anymore, we count it by years. oh my! Here are some things about him right now:

--He knows what he wants and once it's in his head, he's going to get it no matter what the price. (pretty sure he gets this from me.)

--His vocabulary is rapidly expanding. Every day he is saying a new word. My favorite "love you, ma."

--He doesn't call me mommy, mamma, or mom. He calls me "Ma." It makes me feel old but at the same time I love it. It's 100% Nolan.

--He calls me "Anne" when he really wants my attention. This just makes me ignore him even more. I will not answer to the name "Anne" from my child!

--His favorite song is "wheels on the bus" and we listen to it everyday in the car ride to daycare and home. I have to do the hand motions with him in the car or he will yell at me "ma!" Pretty sure the people in the other cars I pass are wondering what the heck I'm doing but it's fun.

--He loves pizza and everytime I ask him what he wants to eat he says "izza!"

--He just had his 2 year appt and he is "lean and tall" as the doc said. He is 40% weight and 70% height. He's absolutely perfect and healthy!

----He is stealing my heart away more and more each day!

--He loves trains and so his birthday party will be a Thomas the Train theme. Again, I will be going all out--pictures of the party to follow after we have it:) Since we will be gone for his birthday, here's for him: Nolan Happy 2nd Birthday, I love you with all I am!
Regarding my health--I am super healthy (knock on wood) and feeling great still! Marathon training is sure draining but makes me feel great when I'm done with a good run. I'm running 4 miles right now. My goal is to get to 5 miles by March. We'll see. Treadmill training is not the best and definitely not the most fun!!
Bon Voyage!!!


No comments: