Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall already?!

Wow, can't believe it's coming to the end of the summer already. I remember being a kid and thinking summer break was "forever!" Now, I feel like I blink and it's over with!

My health has been awesome this summer. Never got sick (a mini cold for 2 days ) but that's it! In fact, I'm doing so great that a few weeks ago my nephrologist and rheumatologist together decided I was ready to taper off one of my medications! I'm super excited about this for a few different reasons. One being this is the most expensive drug I take. It is $50.00 a month and I take 4 HUGE horse pills/day. Second, being I am all about "all natural" and would prefer to treat myself naturally so the less medications I have to take ...the better! and Third....it's just a really good sign that I am healthy and hope to be healthy for a long time! The wean off this medication is a long one...6 months but so far I've been on a lower dose for going on 3 weeks and haven't noticed any signs. I'll go back in another 4 weeks to check labs to make sure everything is still stable. If it is, they will reduce the prescription again and then wait another 2 months and then repeat...
Pending everything going perfect, I should be off this medication by February....!!! Which is a pretty special month for me because it was this month that my son was born and this month that I went into remission. I'd be more than happy to celebrate February again with getting off a medication! I would then go from taking 7 pills a day down to 3!!! How amazing is that?!

Other than that...no new news to report. Ready for fall and have things quiet down a bit!

Here is an updated pic of me and my little guy. Can't believe that he will be 4 this winter. Seems like yesterday he was born. And in one short week..I'll be sending him off to his first day of preschool! *tear*







No comments: