Monday, November 28, 2011

Today is a good day!

Today my friends, I took the last of my kidney pills! My $50.00/month pill! Hopefully forever. I've been slowing weaning the medication for a few months and after my appointment today showed great lab results, the doctor was ready for me to stop the medication! I'm super excited but also super nervous! If you remember correctly, it was this drug that ended up getting me into remission after chemo didn't work any longer. I've been on the medication for almost 3 years and as happy as I am to stop taking it, I am also super super scared! I will get labs taken in 2 weeks to test for any signs of protein in my urine. If nothing shows up, I'll be good for another 2 months until I have to test again. If some protein shows up, I'll have to do a 24 hour urinalysis again. And if a lot of protein shows up, I'll unfortunately have to get another kidney biopsy. This is worst case scenario and they do not anticipate this happening which is wonderful!!!

So...please pray that my body can handle itself without the medication and if all goes well, I could possibly start another drug wean in a few months!!!!!

No comments: