Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am hosting my first Thanksgiving this year and had a few minutes to sit down and relax and figured it's a good time to update my blog!

We said goodbye to my Grandma last week, which was incredibly hard. She had been struggling for a long time, but it's still hard to see her gone. It seems like a part of my childhood is gone. She was a wonderful Grandmother and I am at peace knowing she is watching over us and is in no more pain. We will miss her so much!

I am down to two medications, which is so awesome! They dropped the first medication almost a month ago and then just tested me this week to make sure my body is handling the loss of the drug ok and that my kidneys are still doing good. Unfortunately it showed I was getting protein and blood in my urine again so they are waiting one more week and testing me again. If I still have it in there, I will have to go back on the medications. By having protein in my urine again, it's showing that my kidneys are back to not functioning like they are supposed to. Praying that the next test will show I do NOT need that drug and can remain free from it.

Finally, with Thanksgiving tomorrow, I have a few things that I am especially thankful for this year:

1. My family. Healthy & Happy!
2. My Grandma being at peace with her Heavenly Father
3. A Job! With the economy these days, it's good to know I still have a job!
4. God.
5. My family and friends!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: