Thursday, May 13, 2010

Almost passing out episode

Pretty sure this doesn't have anything to do with Lupus or Kidneys, but I'm blogging it to journal it so if it happens again, I have a record of when, how, etc.

Tuesday at 10am I was sitting at my desk at work typing and noticed all of a sudden the screen was blurry and I was light headed (note I was also sitting down at this time which is weird). I turned away from my screen and almost felt "out of body" experience like. I yelled for a co-worker to come in as I thought for sure I was going to pass out and didn't want to be alone. I was sweating and shaking. My Co-worker gave me a granola bar and water and within the hour I was fine. I called my doctors and they both thought glycemia. Now, I'm not diabetic or anything but apparently this can happen to perfectly healthy people without any diabetes. It's basically just low blood sugar. The thing that is weird about this is that I had a good breakfast. Bagel w/cream cheese and orange juice and water. I wasn't dehydrated or hungary. I did have a medium skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, which isn't too unusual for me. I usually have 1-2 of them a week but am taking a break from them for a little bit. I have since been drinking more water and eating something every 2 hours and *knock on wood* it hasn't happened again. Again, journaling this event just in case it does happen, I have a recollection of it.

Other than that, feeling great! When I called the doctor about this episode they looked it up and I guess I was supposed to come in in April but missed scheduling an appointment so they are going to hold off until June. As much as I love my doctors, it sure is nice to not see them as much. And much easier on the pocket book too:)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Anne- I used to pass out all the time when I was pregnant with Abbi. I haven't had any prolbems until lately. My dr said it is very common when allergens are high as well (I normally have no issues with allergies). Yesterday morning the samething happened when I was at my desk!