Monday, May 31, 2010

Look what a year in a half difference makes..

This was November 08' at my highest dose of steroids:

1.5 years later: steroid free, flare up free, kidney problems free! (and no puffiness in my face and body!:))
I just found that old picture and just had to re-post it. It reminds me how blessed I am and how far I have come in such a short period of time.

Next Sunday, I'll be defying the odds of people with Lupus and the comments of previous doctors and will be running my first half marathon! Though I'm nervous as can be, I'm so excited and feel so privileged to be able to have this second chance in my life to run again. I feel like I'm not only running this race for myself and to prove something to myself, but I'm running it for every person with Lupus and kidney disease. Though the diagnosis seems grim, there are good things that can come out of it. I do not know the next time I will be sick, but I'm sure thriving on these good days I'm having and pray there are many more good days to come!

I will post the results of the race when I get back next weekend! Wish me luck!!

No comments: