Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years Resolutions....

In order to have a better year, I have created some New Years Resolutions for myself ...here are my top ones:

1. Get to church more often..Nolan is getting to the age where we want to start instilling him with Jesus Christ in his heart..I started singing him "Jesus loves me" every night and he just stops everything he is doing and stares at me. It's very precious.

2. Not get so stressed out about things that have to get done around the house. To help reach this goal, we have decided to hire a housekeeper twice a month to help with some of our cleaning duties that I tend to spend my whole weekends doing. I hope this lets me spend more time with the family and not get so stressed out about cleaning all weekend! Stress is a huge trigger in lupus flares so I need to make sure I keep my stress level as low as possible.

3. Take out "false sweeteners" in my diet. Mostly Aspartame as this is a possible known cause for certain cancers and also triggers of lupus. This ingredient is in things like diet soda, light yogurts, Crystal light, sugar free gum and other "light" or "sugar free" foods/drinks. I am going to replace these with more cups of water. I have yet to hear of any negative effects of too much water:)

4. My final resolution is to take a step back and enjoy life. Not worry about the small stuff. Take time to enjoy every second I have with my family and friends and not have any regrets!!!

Some big resolutions to complete this year, but I'm already on to a great start!

No comments: