Monday, November 3, 2008

U of MN

The appointment at the U went really well today. (Besides trying to find the darn clinic) Dr. Rosenberg spent a lot of time looking over my records before hand and seemed really knowledgeable and aware of what was going on with me and my disease.
After our discussion he said that he really thinks we are doing the right thing with treatments and that he would treat me the same way my current doctor is treating me. He also said...and I hold my breath while saying this...but according to my last creatinne lab I am well on my way to remission....My creatinne level was 1.1 which is NORMAL! How wonderful is that?? There are still other tests that I am not normal in, but the creatinne is huge! He does think that this will be a whole year of treatment though and that I might not be in full remission for a year so to be patient. (something I am not....)
The only thing that concerned him really was my biopsy. He said he didn't like that I had so much scarring on my kidneys and wonders how long this was going on and I didn't know. He also talked to Ross & I about "future pregnancies". This seems like a main topic the doctors have been bringing up with me lately!! He has the same thought about this as our other doctors which is that we would be crazy to have anymore. He said that our chances of having multiple things go wrong with the baby or with me are extremely high. We agreed and told him that we were blessed with one healthy, beautiful baby and have accepted that we will not be able to have anymore.
Both Ross and I feel really good after this appointment. We feel really confident that we are on the right road and that things are going to keep getting better. We are really glad we went there today to get confirmation that we are doing the right thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne-

I am glad to hear that the right treatments are being used. You are in my prayers....

Kristin