Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Surgery for now!

Well finally, I think we have good news! I went to the orthopedic this morning and the doctor looked at my MRI results and also got some x-rays done. He said the radiologist read my MRI wrong and I do NOT have a fracture so that was good. He also does not think this is from the steroids, he thinks its just from the years of me running on them and that this was something that has taken awhile to do. The fluid in my knees has gone down too so the only abnormal part was a piece of a bone that seemed to look "loose". He said I can start exercising low impact, no running, but I can do elliptical, biking, walking & swimming so that was good to hear! If I still have pain in a month, I will have to go back and we will look into doing a minor surgery called Arthroscopic surgery. SO...hopefully the pain subsides and I can move on without doing any sort of surgery!

No comments: