Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Biopsy is scheduled Finally!

Friday, August 22nd. It will be nice that I will have the whole weekend to recover and shouldn't need to take anymore additional days off of work (besides Friday).

The nurse described the procedure a little better too. They take a small needle through my back into the kidney and take out 3-4 samples. They will be looking for Lupus in general, but then other unusual scars, deposits, etc. I will be completely awake for the procedure, but will get a local anesthetic before the needle is inserted. The total time on the procedure should only take about hour, however I will be required to stay overnight in the hospital so they can watch for any bleeding from the incision site. I will have to be on my back for the next 24 hours so laying low will be what I do all weekend that weekend I guess. (BORING!) I think Ross might be staying with me in the hospital that night and my mom will come to take care of Nolan.

No comments: