Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ways I know God is watching over me

I've been trying to think of ways that God has truly shown through all of this.

First, God got me pregnant...fast...something that is usually very hard for lupus patients to do. He got me through the whole pregnancy without a miscarriage, another hard thing for lupus patients. He kept me healthy throughout the pregnancy and when Nolan was born made him healthy and happy!

Second, he didn't let my Lupus flare up until Nolan was 5 months old. Usually, you will flare up immediately after your pregnancy. God knew I would not have the energy to get through those first few months of an infant and yet be going through chemo and other health struggles so he waited until he knew my body was ready to handle the next challenge in life.

Third, he gave me very painful joint pain in July. If I didn't get the joint pain, I would have never gone in to the doctor to get my labs taken. This, I believe saved my life.

This has made me realize to cut out chemicals in my everyday living as much as possible. I will be converting our house into as much organic as possible. I have already started months ago by giving Nolan organic cereal, fruits & vegetables. I started buying more organic foods, soaps, shampoos, and will eventually convert my makeup to organic. I am a true believer that environmental problems are what is causing people to get sick like this. I will also be starting to do some of my own organic juicing.

God brought Ian into our lives 3.5 years ago. When he was first born I remember we all wondered how this could happen and how we were going to get through it. We knew there was a reason for this and knew we might not know the reason for a long time. This might be Nolan's only sibling, and I am so thankful that he will always have him even though we might not be able to have more children someday.

I know this will only make me stronger in the end and I know as these days and nights get long, and sometimes I get sad, I can always think of ways that God is taking care of me and my family.

1 comment:

SmallTownBigCity said...

Anne-
You are incredibly strong and an inspiration to everyone. I am not close enough to offer any tangible help, just my thoughts and prayers across the miles. Keep up the good fight and great attitude and God will help with the rest.
Take care!
Stephanie.
(hope you guys make it to Boone's wedding, I can't wait to meet Nolan!)