Monday, September 1, 2008

First week down!

Well it's officially been a week since I got the diagnosis and treatment has begun. The good news is that this horrible IV is out of my arm....
Bad news is that I am now taking 6 more pills a day....

So far I am tolerating the medications very well. They make me drowsy, and a little nauseous, but other than that I have had no bad reactions. Chemo was suppose to start this week, but I couldn't fit it in with their schedule and my schedule so we will wait to start that a week from today instead, September 8th. It will be pretty much an all day extravaganza. I will have to sit there for 6-8 hours with an IV in. They don't have Internet either so I'm going to go insane pretty much. I guess I will catch up on all the talk show drama for the day. I'm really hoping I am one of the lucky ones and don't have any side effects of the chemo. Some side effects include: vomiting, fatigue, hair loss, sterility, etc.

Other than that, I have been trying to research a lot on Lupus and Kidney Disease and the technical term for my diagnosis is "Lupus Nephritis." I'm definitely learning a lot and becoming more educated on the disease and trying to educate others also.

So far, I am still working full-time. Some call me crazy, however I believe I need to keep my life as "normal" as possible. Since I am still feeling fine to work full-time I want to continue doing that. If it gets to the point where I am jeopardizing my health, we'll have to re-evaluate it then.

My kidneys are still a little sore from the biopsy, but mostly when I do too much lifting or walking. One more week to go until I can start working out which I can't wait for!

Thank you all for your positive comments, cards and prayers. I'm confident that in 6 months I will be posting that I am in remission!!!!!

Here's a little video of Nolan and Daddy playing... these are the guys that keep me positive and strong throughout this battle.....



Updated pic of me and Nolan.....

No comments: