Monday, September 8, 2008

1 down...5 to go...hopefully!

Today I started my first treatment of chemo. It took about 6 hours. Wasn't that bad, just boring!!! I started getting a little allergic reaction so they gave me some benedryl and that put me out for a little bit too. I'm just really tired right now, but other than that I feel good.

My labs looked good, except the BUN levels, which was almost double what it has been. I guess this just proves that I do need this treatment. Hopefully that will start coming down and my kidney function can get better!

The doctors said about 7-10 days after chemo I will notice more symptoms like being really tired. This is due to the low white blood cell count. I am also very prone to getting sick so I have to make sure I am careful around others that are sick too. I'm really hoping my hair doesn't fall out, but they gave me some contact people to meet with if it does. We'll have to cross that bridge if it comes.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts today and everyday! Hopefully I will only have to do this 5 more times!!!!

No comments: