Friday, September 12, 2008

Having a MUCH better day!

Feeling a lot better today, not as frustrated which is good. Thank you for all the emails of support on Wednesday, it was what I needed on a day like that!

I have stopped fighting the 4am wakeful period and instead started embracing it. I now, let myself lay in bed until 4:30 and TRY to get back to sleep and after realizing it isn't happening, I get up and make lunches for the day and then work out! Seems to be working out well since this is the only time in my day I have the energy to do this! Nolan has also decided he would like to keep mommy company at 4am because he too decides to wake up at this time and talk in his crib until I finally come in there and put him in bed with daddy. He must know I am wide awake and bored:)

Starting next week I will begin working 4 days a week and have Wednesdays off. I will still be full-time so my days will be a little longer. I have been noticing Wednesdays are my hard day. I think this will be a good change. Wednesdays now will be my day to get my appointments done and hopefully catch a nap in there too. I'm very thankful I work for such a great company that lets me do this!

I also just got approved to start selling some small business insurance in addition to my marketing and advertising responsibilities! I am so very excited about this challenge and it keeps my mind off my health! I will be focusing on flower shops, fitness clubs, hair salons, spas, gift shops, etc. Stuff that I am actually interested in. If you have any good prospects for me, let me know! I can't wait to get out there and sell!

Lastly, one of my sister in laws, Celeste, just told me that her and her husband,Troy, want to put on a Lupus Fundraiser this winter in honor of me. January/Februarish. She would like to do a dinner and charge a cover for it and the proceeds go to the Lupus Foundation! I was so excited to hear this and thought it was such a wonderful idea!!! Hopefully we will get more info put together soon and let you all know and hopefully we can have a huge turnout! I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful, supportive extended family too!

That's about it for today, hoping to get some good sleep this weekend and feel refreshed on Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne - Just got done reading your blog info. Yes, your WBC count is low. Such a frustrating side effect of chemo! I hope you are staying free of infection! Your body just doesn't have the defenses it would normally have - so listen to the doctor and just relax your heart and flow with whatever he advises for now. I know the trip thing must have been a BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT -
but remember you are caring for YOURSELF and that is most important! We want you WELL and HEALTHY - the rest falls into place! It's a different perspective when you are fighting disease! We have to be trusting of God in a different way. Please know we CARE and are there with you in thought each day! We share your frustrations and worries!! We are excited and happy with any improvement! And we trust fully that God intends for you to be well again! It just takes this period of medical intervention and care to get you there!! Keep that as your focus!
Thank you for your open-ness and the sharing of your thoughts during this period of time in your life. And don't apologize for expressing your frustrations! You have a world of people out here caring for you and it gives us the green light for more prayer and support! That's so important!
WE LOVE YOU - CARE ABOUT YOU - AND ARE WISHING YOU WELL!! So keep us informed each step of the way!
Love from Julie and Dale