Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm home sweet home!

Now that I have all the equipment off of my hands, I can actually type! We got home from the hospital today around 11am. I was begging them to discharge me! I just wanted to be home. I didn't get much sleep since nurses were coming in every 2 hours to check my vitals. It got pretty annoying!


As far as the biopsy went, it went pretty good. The only part that really hurt was when they stuck the needle in to numb it. After that, I didn't feel pain, just pressure and every time he took a piece of my kidney I could hear a "pop." This was very disturbing! By the third time, I was sweating and feeling ready to pass out so they had to quick give me an IV of fluids. This helped a lot. The whole procedure only took 15 minutes.
I then went up to my room to relax. I had to lay flat for 4 hours. I had to go to the bathroom so bad but held it in so I wouldn't have to go in a bed pan:) After 4 hours, my vitals were good and there were no signs of bruising at the site so they let me get up. The pain was pretty intense when I got up so they put me on some pain medication. Ross brought Nolan to see me, that made my day:)



As far as now, I am still in some pain but it is getting better!! Today I have been sleeping most of the day. I know sleep is the best medicine for healing so I'm trying my best to just leave the messy house and things that need to get done and take care of myself! I am on a 20 lbs weight restriction (luckily Nolan is just under 20lbs:) and I cannot work out for 2 weeks (This is going to drive me nuts). Results should be in on Monday so we will await those. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it went a lot better than I thought!! Now, we just have to pray for some positive results!!!


No comments: